If our system won't let you book online within 24 hours of the trip, please call us at 970-577-7238 for current availability.
Morning, Mid-Day and Afternoon Half Day Trips
Did you say "rapids"???
We offer two half-day trips on the Poudre River each day, and a third on weekdays.
The Poudre River (how the heck do you say it? "Poo-der". We didn't name it - we just float it). The "Poo-der" is a fast-moving river with nearly continuous Class II to III rapids and little float water. Early in the season it's usually a strong class III+. This river has the distinction of being the only "wild and scenic" designated river in Colorado and we are one of the few companies allowed to run it.
NEVER BEEN RAFTING? Don't worry, our professional guides ensure that both the first time rafter and the experienced rafters have a great time. Non-swimmers are also welcome. (If you are terrified of water, you probably shouldn't go. All the screaming is distracting to other rafters, and it's not good for business.)
Actual time on the river can vary each day depending on water flow. While each season is different, the water is usually swift-moving early in the season and slows down after the snowmelt is gone. By August some of the fun comes from dodging the rocks along the way. We'll get you wet! 2015 is a big water season so far.
Feel free to bring snacks and non-alcoholic beverages along if you like.
Trips depart from the Estes Park High School at 9:15am and 12:15pm daily. We also have a 6:30am trip Monday through Friday. (Okay, I heard you *GASP* when you read that time. Those of you from the Central Time Zone it's 7:30am for you. Before you dismiss this trip as too early, this trip is often smaller and we're often the only company on the water then. The river is all ours - it's incredible! Then you're back in time for lunch and your afternoon is open to do something else. This one runs during peak season - mid June through early August)
Call 970-577-7238 (RAFT) or 800-367-8523 for reservations as space is strictly limited on all half day trips. The U.S. Forest Service regulates the number of rafters per trip. (They have no sense of humor about this so no, unfortunately we can't just sneak you on.) During peak season we run at capacity and will turn people away, so reservations are strongly encouraged. Payment is required in advance for all trips so we know how many boats and guides we'll need.
We don't want to leave you behind - call us now!
These trips run from around May 20th through September 1, sometimes through Labor Day weekend if water levels permit. Since Labor Day is late this season, we plan to run through September 1.
2016 Price $65 - Price includes transportation from Estes Park to the river (all taxes and fees included in the price)
$60 - early season discount for May-June 5 trips
Cancellation/Refund Policy: We go rain or shine. We take payment at time of reservation. We run at capacity most of the season and turn away others to hold the space for you. We reserve the space for you - you in turn agree to pay for the trip. All money is fully refundable if we are advised of the cancellation at least 7 days prior to the trip.
Within 7 days of the trip, we will refund your money if given enough advance notice to resell the space. Sometimes we can even resell the seats the day of the trip so call us! No refund applies if the space is not resold. Absolutely no refunds if you just don't show up for the trip. We turn away other paying customers to hold the space for you. Additionally, drivers and guides are prearranged based on your being on the trip. These costs cannot be recouped. Thank you for understanding.
The weather for your trip?
So you want to pick a warm, sunny day for your trip. Our recommendation:
If it’s sunny now, go now!
Don’t look at the Estes Park forecast. The river is closer to Fort Collins where you will find it’s 10-15 degrees warmer because of the drop in altitude.
Don’t book based on the forecast 2-6 days into the future. How accurate is your forecast at home? Exactly. The mountains make it even harder to predict. They get reasonably close for today and maybe tomorrow, after that? It’ll change several times a day.
It’s typical to put a 30% chance of rain into the forecast nearly every day. Just keep in mind that means a 70% chance of a great day on the river!